- 6TN Design For Yuletide fun
- Great gift idea for Christmas Festive Season
- Enjoy a joke and laugh with this funny t-shirt
- 100% Cotton
- 6TN For Men, For Xmas party Season
1. December 25 was originally a pagan celebration. Nobody knows when Jesus of Nazareth was born and nobody celebrated his birthday for hundreds of years. December 25 was co-opted from pagan rites connected with the winter solstice.
2. The nativity story resulted in several wars. In the first few centuries of the Christian era, controversy over whether or not Jesus was divine at birth created political and social unrest that frequently burst out into full-scale warfare.
3. Mistletoe kissing originated with fertility rites. The hanging sprig is a very ancient symbol of virility and therefore anybody standing beneath it is signaling that he or she is sexually available.
4. Santa Claus originated in a newspaper ad. Far from being a quaint medieval legend, Santa Claus first appeared as a recognizable entity was in a newspaper ad for toys and "gift books" in the mid 19th century.
5. Christmas is only recently a "family" holiday. Christmas was originally celebrated as an adult form of "trick or treat," but with the "treat" consisting of booze and the threatened "trick" consisting of bodily harm or destruction of property.
6. "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" was originally a threat. The ever-popular song was originally sung, loudly and repeatedly, by crowds of rowdy, lower-class servants demanding booze from their masters... or else. (I.e. "We won't go until we get some!")
7. The Christmas Tree is a manufactured tradition. Victorian intellectuals (like Clement Moore) invented the tradition as part of a social movement to consciously reform Christmas away from its tradition of raucous drinking.
8. Scrooge does not celebrate with the Cratchits. While most cinema versions of "A Christmas Carol" show the reformed miser celebrating with his lower-class employee, in the book, Scrooge celebrates instead with his middle-class nephew.
9. Christmas as a "day off" is a recent innovation. As late as 1850, December 25 was not a legal holiday in New England, so stores were open, business were open, and children were expected to attend school.
10. "The 12 Days of Christmas" costs about $1.3 million. The big challenge is getting the lords to leap in unison. I figure about $100k per lord, with an extra $100k to cover the birds, rings, milkmaids, and so forth.
UK Delivery .
Standard delivery is free on all orders and is shipped on a 48 hour service . You should receive your order 2-4 working days following your order
You can upgrade your delivery to our 24 hour service for only £1.25 per order . We will ship these order using a 24 hour carrier and you should receive your order 1 - 2 working days following your order
We ship to most countries worldwide at reasonable rates . Shipping is £2 per shirt . The shipping rate will be shown at checkout
We accept returns on all unused , unworn garments provided they are returned to us in their original packaging with all tags , where applicable , still attached within 30 days of purchase . Please click HERE to visit our returns centre .